Thursday, December 10, 2009

My First Entry!

I have finally started a blog! This is something I have wanted to do for a while, but just never made the time. So it's finally here! I don't really have a theme for my blog yet and probably won't because I have so many interests and things to talk about, it would be hard to focus on just one.

One of the main things that pushed me to finally start this blog is my participation in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk this June in Chicago. My friend Jen and I have pledged to walk and raise money for this awesome cause! I am so excited to a part of this and hope I can make a difference in someone's life. We will walk a marathon on Day 1 and then a half marathon on Day 2 (for those of you adding up, it's 39.3 miles in 2 days!). This is by far the biggest physical and financial task I have ever taken on, but I am ready, willing and able! Saturday I am participating in the 5K Reindeer Walk/Run in SA to kick off my training for the walk, wish me luck! More to come on my training and fundraising progress!

Some other things to look forward to on my blog are cake decorating, tv/reality show discussions, my traveling adventures, my awesome tap class and many other things I am sure!

4 comments:

  1. I've always thought you were such an interesting person and have admired your willingness to take on new hobbies (and get really good at them really fast), so I'm excited to read about your adventures. Good luck on your training--I think it's awesome! -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you did this! I promise, it's easy and a great outlet to just get things off your chest.

    AND GO TEAM SAVE THE BOOBS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke!
    This is awesome! I'm marking it to my Favorites right now! - Alyson

    ReplyDelete